Thursday, January 28, 2016

Beating the Winter Blues at Watson's Catering in Greenwich, CT

Watson's Catering and Events is a little gem tucked away in the woods of Greenwich's Glenville neighborhood, and I had the pleasure of receiving an invitation to their recent "Beat the Winter Blues" themed cocktail party co-hosted by CTBites. I was excited to try their food, as they've been voted “Best Caterer” in Greenwich by the readers of Greenwich Magazine four times since 2010. 

The evening had a playful "doctor's orders" theme with prescription pads printed with recipes for the various dishes, and cocktails served in pill bottles. My favorites bites of the evening were mini "onion soup" grilled cheeses and tiny tuna tacos.

The party really was a cure for the grey doldrums of winter; bright, fun, filled with happy guests and bloggers, food, and even a cocktail ice luge!

I brought my friend Jay, who snapped some pictures, shared below (follow him on instagram for lots of tantalizing food shots from Connecticut and NYC).

These cocktails will cure what ails you!
I ate a lot of these. I have no shame. Delicious.

Nothing beats the blues like an ice luge, right?


Watsons Catering and Events is located at 1 Glenville St., Greenwich CT, 06831
Follow them on Facebook and Instagram