Sunday, March 2, 2008

Capital G, Nine Inch Nails

I'm sick of hearing about the "have's" and "have not's"
Have some personal accountability
The biggest problem with the way that we've been doing things is
The more we let you have the less that I'll be keeping for me

Don't give a shit about the temperature in Guatemala
Don't really see what all the fuss is about
Ain't gonna worry about no future generations
And I'm sure somebody's gonna figure it out

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You haven't had enough to know what its like
You're only angry 'cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head because you know that I'm right... alright!

3 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

These lyrics, unless they are meant to be satire, can only have been written out of ignorance.

Adeline Jessica said...

They are meant to be satire. The song is called "Capital G", and it is judging good ol' Bush.

Morna Crites-Moore said...

So - I was right in that it exposes great ignorance! Glad to know it is intended as satire, else I'd be very worried!