Thursday, March 13, 2008

Head like a hole, black as your soul, I'd rather die than give you control

For those of you who haven't read Macbeth or seen a faithful performance of it, please do. I've realized recently that Lady Macbeth is one of my favorite female literary characters. She's so strong, willing to say what she thinks, and totally nutso. She's great, and has some of the best lines Shakespeare has written (in my not so humble and fully qualified opinion). Make sure to pay particular attention to Act 2, Scene 2. Epic.

Also, I'm furiously working on my Modern Philosophy midterm, with particular focus on Descartes, Locke, and Kant. The funny thing about philosophy is how much time we spend studying the failed thoughts of past thinkers. It isn't like science where we move away from old theories that are no longer relevant. We spend weeks on thinkers that pretty much sound retarded now. But honestly, it's interesting...Even if it does make me pull my hair out a little.

Nine Inch Nails is FANTASTIC. Not that this is any sort of new revelation, either for myself or the music world. But really...great stuff. If you can't deal with the Industrial sound, at least read the lyrics.

Alex's daddy comes today and we're having dinner with him! yayyy! And after tomorrow I'm done forever with midterms....at least for this year.

No comments: