Sunday, May 4, 2008

May Day

Yesterday Stroke 9 and Eve 6 played at my school. It was fantastic. I knew every word to every Stroke 9 song....awesome. I only stayed at Eve 6 until they sang "Think Twice" because that's my favorite song. I had such a great, relatively uninhibited time, and I was completely substance free (except Zoloft...hehe), which makes me really happy...especially since it isn't the way most people experience May Day.

Partied in South last night and celebrated Mallory's birthday. Took her to Red Lobster with Sarah, Alex, Jess and Erica. It was a lot of fun. I can't believe this is the last week of classes. My brain can't even deal with that information.

I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind
I promise not to mind if you go your way and I go mine
I promise not to lie if I'm looking you straight in the eye
I promise not to try and not to let you down
-Promise, Eve 6

1 comment:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

One of my favorite songs is Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice, It's Alright. Here is the first stanza:

It ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It don't matter, anyhow
An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
If you don't know by now
When the rooster crows at the break of dawn
Look out your window and I'll be gone
You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on
Don't think twice, it's all right.

And here is a link to the entire song:
http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/dontthink.html