Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? -Nora Roberts

I love rainbows, and I always have. They're fun and bright and depending on how you use them they can be very youthful or even sophisticated. I remember the shock of discovering, in 4th grade, that the rainbow was the symbol of the LGBT community. It was gay pride month, and I was at Barnes & Noble with my mom, and everything was rainbow - notebooks, pencils, book covers. I think that was the first time I realized that the LGBT community isn't always treated fairly; otherwise, why would they need an awareness month? It was a good learning experience for 4th grade me.

Moving on from politics, here are some rainbow and polka dotted foods. How great would it be to have a rainbow themed brunch? Make sure you play Rainbow Girl by Giana Factory while you eat...it's an awesome kinda techno-y song that I saw a burlesque dancer perform to in Denver, CO this past summer.

cake batter chocolate chip cookies - recipe on Sally's Addiction



omg trix rice krispy treats - recipe on tasty kitchen


Polka dots AND rainbow? My brain just exploded.


Very subtle and pastel - but still rainbow-ish. Recipe on A beautiful mess


Anyone who has the patience to make all those damn layers gets a prize, IMO


As for me, I'll stick with funfetti mix from the box. With CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 



No comments: