Tuesday, May 21, 2013

There are moments when the body is as numinous as words, days that are the good flesh continuing. Such tenderness, those afternoons and evenings, saying blackberry, blackberry, blackberry. -Robert Hass

Why are blackberries so charmingly delicious? I like them so much more than raspberries...perhaps because we have endless raspberry bushes in my woods, and while that sounds romantic, it's really quite annoying. They're prickly, they grown rampantly with no rhyme or reason, and cutting them does nothing - you have to pull them out of the ground. Blackberries, on the other hand, are a fabulous color, taste great, and don't grow in my yard. Plus, they remind me of marionberries, which remind me of my dad, because they're from Oregon and so is he. And he loves them. Hello, Blackberries? It's Raspberries....you win!


Blackberries, meet macaroons. Macaroons, meet tart. Recipe on Juls Kitchen


Ditch the usual lattice crust and let your stars shine! recipe on the kitchn


Blackberry Limeade bars, recipe at CosmoCookie


Blackberry custard pie, recipe on columbus foodie


Rather than flavored ice cream, try flavored topping! Blackberry red wine reduction, recipe on galley kitchen


I'm obsessed with caipirinhas - and they're great with the addition of blackberries. recipe on soups & souffles

No comments: