Friday, February 8, 2008

Eyes Wide Shut

Finally saw Eyes Wide Shut by Stanley Kubrick. It's extremely trippy and hypnotic, which I suppose is the goal of the movie, which is supposed to be dreamlike. Nicole Kidman is so beautiful! But she is terrible at acting drunk and high...like truly terrible.
The entire film reminds me alot of The Magus by John Fowles, which is actually why I stumbled across it in the first place. It was recommended via a site about The Magus and all of its complexities.

Tonight there's a showing of West Side Story, which should be good. AND, we get to go to dinner at Nola's with Emily's parents. Yumm!

Also, I've decided people are insane....like, I'm okay with personal insanity, but when your insanity spreads to your interactions with others....you just suck.

No comments: